Aquaponics is the combination of aquaculture and hydroponics where fish, microbes and plants all thrive together in a symbiotic relationship, helping each other to grow naturally, organically without the need for outside chemical inputs. Once the bio-mechanical system is setup and balanced, it requires very little maintenance unlike soil-based farming which must contend with pests, weeds and fungi.
- Aquaponics uses up to 98% less water than conventional farming methods!
- Aquaponics produces up to 10 times more vegetables and crops in the same amount of space and time!
- Aquaponics uses up to 75% less energy than almost any other farming method!
- Aquaponics is guaranteed to be free from chemical fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides, fungicides and other chemicals!
- Aquaponics require only about 1/2 the labor required by almost all other food production methods!
- Aquaponics virtually eliminates weeds, pests, diseases, viruses and pathogens for both aquatic and plant life alike!
- No soil is required in Aquaponics enabling otherwise “undesirable” land or brown sites to be used to produce fresh, organic vegetables, fruit and fish!
- Virtually any type of fruit or vegetable can be grown in an Aquaponic system.